Friday 2 March 2012

Hello yoga! I have missed you.


For the past month, I have finally got my butt back in gear. The treadmill is my new best friend and we have been seeing each other three times per week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. So this morning (Friday), day 2 of my happiness project, I was in danger of not receiving my "check" for exercise regularly. On my "off" days, I would still like to do something light, a walk, swim (actually, maybe not... unless I get my own pool). And then it dawned on me! Yoga! Where have you been?!? I checked out the schedules of the local spots and realised there is a yoga class at the Leisure Centre on Monday nights (one of my nights off work) and I already have a 12 punch pass (I bought almost 2 years ago)! Woohoo! Yoga here I come. Mind and body. Love it.

Cleared my Facebook friend clutter. Haven't talked to you in person in over 2 years? Delete. Sick of hearing about how awesome your husband is? (Probably means he's a total jerk anyway, lol!) Delete. Keeping you on because you are entertainment? Delete. Much better!

I really do feel like I have more energy. So much in fact, that it took me an hour to fall asleep last night. Ugh. Maybe I'll pick up some sleepy tea today!

Have a great weekend!!!




1 comment:

  1. Alicia, I love this. Self care is integral to our health and sanity. Sounds like you are going through a tremendous renewal. I am cheering you on! ~Joy

    ReplyDelete