Tuesday 6 March 2012

Birth Control

All day I was trying to decide what to blog about tonight. The only thing I could think about was, it's not even one week in... How much can one person read about my organising skills? So... I went back and read my first entry. My 10 Commandments. I had already forgotten about them!! A quick recap:

1. Be Alicia.
2. Let it go.
3. It doesn't have to be equal.
4. Fake it till you make it.
5. Do it now.
6. Identify the problem.
7. Lighten up.
8. You are exactly where you are supposed to be.
9. Be grateful. Always.
10. Enjoy the ride.

I got out pen and paper (because I still haven't bought ink for my printer) and wrote them down, and put the list by my Vision Board. My Vision Board is in my bedroom on top of my dresser. It is one of the first things I see when I wake up and last thing before I go to sleep. I'm hoping by focusing on my "rules", I will have an easier time with my resolutions. I just need to say, that some of these are very hard to accomplish when it is a few days till the full moon, I am crazy hormonal and my kids are home because the schools are on strike. Kids screaming around the house playing tag? Rule #2. Let it go. And I'm pretty sure I'm just going to erase #3. It doesn't have to be equal. Well, this week, I think it does. This is going to be one of the hardest rules for me to live by. My husband cooks, I clean up the mess. I get the kids bathed, he brushes teeth and does books. I've even refused to make lunches the night before because it's not fair if he's relaxing and I'm making lunches. How ridiculous. It only means in the morning, I'll be in a rush to get the kids ready, lunches packed, get myself ready and set up for my first appointment so Dylan can rush them out the door. If I could eliminate a task, I would have time to sit and enjoy my tea instead of sipping it cold while I'm doing my makeup. Because that just wouldn't be fair, lol! I am officially a crazy person. Amazing how typing it out can make you look at it from an outside perspective. Done. From now on, lunches will be made the night before. And while I'm at it, I'm stealing one of Gretchen's ideas. The evening tidy-up. Spend 10 minutes before bed tidying up, maybe I'll even set up for my first appointment too!. Genius. How nice will it be to just make toast for myself and the kids, sip my tea and flip through a mag in the morning? Pretty damn nice. Sounds better than my current routine of yelling and scurrying.

PS. I just quickly skimmed over my post before I published and thought, "Damn! This is great birth control"! Funny how two little beings that for the most part bring me so much joy, can reek such havoc on a relationship. I think that's why, in part, grandchildren bring so much joy to grandparents. It means their kids finally know what it took to raise them. My "Aha!" moment for the day. 

PPS. My husband is currently playing XBOX (his guilty pleasure. And for the record, even though I make fun of him for being a massive dork, he is not a lazy bum who games all day. He is one of the most hard working people I know!) and I am about to make lunches and tidy up. But what I really want to do is watch one more episode of Kim and Kourtney take New York. So not fair. But... It doesn't always have to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment