Monday 5 March 2012

Goodbye holey green socks... goodbye.


I have already learned some important things from my Happiness Project. One: I am AWESOME at throwing unneeded stuff away! Seriously. I have so much extra garbage on garbage days now (my neighbor busted me putting an extra bag in front of her house this morning, no joke)! Two: Bartering may be the answer to my problem.

I've been tackling my daily to-do list like a champ. More sleep, water, vitamins, exercise, toss, organise. Check, check, check. Nagging tasks....... hmmm..... well. Let's see. I cleaned out and organised the fridge and cleaned the stove this weekend . I was so excited to cross them off the list and discovered I hadn't even put them on the list in the first place. So I wrote them both down, just so I could cross them off! Yay! Check, lol! That's better. But these bigger projects are going to take a bit more than that to cross off. I don't have the skills or enough money to get going on some of these extremely LARGE projects, so I'm going to put up a wanted sign. WANTED: people with all sorts of skills that I can become friends with so you can help me finish my nagging task list. Any takers? This is actually a calling to all the friends I already have that are so amazingly talented (and want to trade)! Any plumbers, electricians, generally handy people looking for a pedicure, manicure, waxing gift certificate for your wife? I've put the feelers out to a few peeps and it has been receptive. Well, I wasn't shut down completely, anyway. And maybe I'll call in a few favors. Remember when you offered to help me repaint my furniture because I helped you refinish your kitchen cabinets? You and me baby (you know who you are, lol!), we have a painting date coming up. How's your April looking? I'll supply the wine!

I would also like to add, my fuzzy warm socks were finally put to rest. They weren't actually all that warm anymore with all the holes in them. I'm not going to lie... I feel a void that will only be filled by another pair of fuzzy warm socks. And I found a home for my juicer and my small food processor. They are useful, but just not to me.

Thrilling! Happy Tossing!


No comments:

Post a Comment