Wednesday 30 January 2013

Insist upon it.

My year of resolutions.... a recap.

It has been 11 months since I began my Happiness Project. Almost an entire year has passed in the blink of an eye. Some resolutions have stuck, others were a challenge that I will continue to overcome. I have one last shot for the month of February where I will attempt to be "Bootcamp perfect". 

To jog my memory, I went back to the beginning of my blog and read about my adventures over the past year... it really put things into perspective. It may not be evident to others, but comparing my life now, I feel I have grown enormously. 

MARCH
Boost Energy (Vitality)

  • Go to sleep earlier.
  • Exercise regularly.
  • Toss, restore, organise.
  • Tackle a nagging task.
  • Drink more water, remember my vitamins.


APRIL
Remember Love (Marriage)

  • Quit Nagging.
  • Don't expect Praise or Appreciation.
  • Fight Right.
  • No dumping.
  • Give Proofs of Love.


MAY
Aim Higher (Work)

  • Find a balance


JUNE
Lighten up (Parenthood)

  • Acknowledge the reality of people's feelings. 
  • Write it down.
  • Don't feel as if I need to say anything.
  • Wave a magic wand.
  • Admit that a task is difficult.


JULY
Be serious about play (Leisure)

  • Be a treasure house of happy memories. 
  • Find More Fun.
  • Take Time to be Silly.
  • Start A Collection.
  • Go off the Path.


AUGUST
Make time for friends (Friendship)

  • Remember birthdays. 
  • Be Generous. 
  • Show up. 
  • Don't gossip. 
  • Make three new friends


SEPTEMBER
Buy some Happiness (Money) 

  • Indulge in a modest splurge. 
  • Buy needful things. 
  • Spend out. 
  • Give something up.


OCTOBER
Contemplate the Heavens (Eternity)

  • Use "wasted" time to meditate on gratitude
  • choose to have a good day 
  • forgive 
  • If I don't have anything nice to say, say nothing
  • smile more, and inspire others to do the same


NOVEMBER
Pursue a Passion (Design)

  • Photograph/Appreciate Nature
  • Read "fluffy" novels
  • Go to a concert
  • Meditate/Run (Same thing for me)
  • Eat great, healthy food
  • Design a space
  • Read architecture magazines
  • Snuggle with my cat
  • Watch a TV series with my husband
  • Go to the beach with my family
  • Have coffee with a good friend
  • Blog/Journal


DECEMBER
Pay Attention (Mindfulness)

  • Examine true rules
  • Stimulate the mind in new ways
  • keep a food diary


JANUARY 
Keep a Contented Heart (Attitude)

  • laugh out loud
  • use good manners
  • give positive reviews
  • find an area of refuge


FEBRUARY
Boot Camp Perfect (Happiness)


With my checklist in hand, I am ready for what this next month will bring. It may not be easy, but the greatest lessons in life are learned when we are being challenged. I'm ready to kick some happiness ass! ;)





2 comments:

  1. Well done! Are you going to keep blogging after your Happiness Project is "over"? I've loved reading these posts. Good luck in February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will. It's been an amazing experience and I still have lots to say! Hard to get me to keep my mouth shut sometimes. ;)

      Delete